Eyeliner Cosmetic Tattoo
At Tanya Beauty Care, with our lash line enhancements and permanent eyeliner treatments, you will never have to struggle with smudged or uneven eyeliner again! In addition, this treatment can be added to the lower and/or upper eyelids. Our clients love having the look of professionally applied eyeliner morning, noon, and night. You can achieve either a subtle look with a lash line enhancement (also called invisible eyeliner) or a bolder, sexier look with permanent eyeliner.
Our permanent eyeliner Sydney service at Tanya Beauty Care is unparalleled in quality - just take a peek at our incredible before and after results. With over 16 years of experience, we’re one of Australia’s leading cosmetic tattoo clinics and the masters of tattoo eyeliner.
Types of Eyeliner Cosmetic Tattoo
Permanent eyeliner creates a bolder look that allows your eyes to stand out. This is done by applying a thicker pigment layer along the lash line using a steady line. The thickness of the line is customisable as your therapist will consider your eye shape and personal preferences.
Whether you want to create drama or simply worry-free natural eyeliner, our artists will perfect your look for effortless eyes every day.
Lash Line Enhancement
A lash line enhancement can add subtle colour and definition to the lash lines, creating the appearance of fuller, thicker lashes. In addition, lash line enhancements emphasise the lash line by implanting microdots between each lash. The result is a subtle yet noticeable look that makes your eyes pop...
About our eyeliner treatments
How it Works
Our eyeliner artists take the time to discuss your needs and design preferences. Once we understand the look you are after, the eyeliner design will be pre-drawn to give you an idea of how it will look. Every treatment is customised using blended pigments, taking your skin tone into account to achieve either a natural or more prominent look.
To minimise your discomfort, we apply an anaesthetic to your eyelid before we begin. Our artists also use precise techniques and tools to ensure your eyeliner is flawless.
The following restrictions ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing procedure.
Please read carefully:
- Please do not work out on the day of the procedure as body heat expands the pores.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn three days before the procedure. The skin should not be in the process of healing before the procedure.
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Do NOT take Fish oil, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Ibuprofen, and omega-3, unless medically necessary, for 48-72 hours before the procedure (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!). They are natural blood thinners.
- Do NOT drink alcohol for 24 hours before or after the procedure.
- Do not have any type of facial procedure for two weeks before the procedure.
- Do not have Botox 2-4 weeks before the procedure.
- The first step is to make sure your lashes do not have any mascara on them.
- Eyelash extensions must also be removed before treatment, even if you only have a couple of strands.
- We do not recommend this treatment if you have an eye infection or irritation.
- Please do not wear contact lenses during the procedure.
- Please discontinue use of eyelash serum 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- We recommend having a meal before your treatment as this can help you feel more comfortable throughout.
Immediately Post Procedure
There may be slight swelling. This is totally normal. You may apply an ice pack to the area to reduce swelling and soothe the area. make sure you move the ice pack around, not leaving it too long in one area, in order to prevent frostbite.
If you wear contact lenses, we advise that you arrange a transport home after the procedure OR wear glasses. The contacts should not be replaced for a minimum of two hours.
Aftercare Days 1-7
For the next 7 days, apply a thin layer of aftercare ointment daily.
You can also use a warm, damp cotton pad to gently wipe the area.
Do not use contact lenses, eye makeup, or mascara for 7 days post procedure and any lash-enhancing products or fake lashes for 14 days post procedure. Used makeup contains bacteria as a result of regular use, so make sure you purchase new mascara once you are ready to use it again.
You should avoid swimming in pools for 5 days post procedure, as bacteria and chemicals in the water may be irritating. Do not swim in the ocean for 14 days post procedure as the salt water will pull pigment out.
What to Expect
Swelling, tightness, and tenderness when you blink. It will look like you have been crying a lot. The PMU will look heavy and you will experience some clear discharge.
Swelling, still a heavy makeup look with some particles of pigment around the eye area. It will feel tender and a slight crust will have formed.
A lot less swelling, tight skin, the pigment has a slight crust and begins to lift away from the skin.
Exfoliation of the surface pigment; the skin beneath will begin to flake off. Do not pick at it.
Blinking and movement of the eyes will feel less tender and apply ointment will usually remove all excess pigment. Colour has somewhat of an ashy grey appearance until a second exfoliation that takes a few more days to clarify the true colour.
Eyeliner appears softer and shrinks in size to reveal a thinner appearance.
Still a soft ashy appearance but the skin has healed and is fully exfoliated.
Full healing has taken place and the colour has matured and clarified.
- Use a fresh pillowcase when you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for four weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first ten days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first ten days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first ten days.
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
- Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Also, keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body.
- A touch-up procedure is recommended 6-12 weeks after the initial treatment.
NOTE: If your eyes feel itchy and irritated you may have a minor irritation to the aftercare ointment. You should discontinue all ointment, wash your eyes to remove the ointment and let it heal dry. If your eyes are red and emitting any white or yellow discharge, or very itchy, you may have a minor eye infection. In this case, rinse your eyes to remove the ointment and visit your pharmacist or doctor to request antibiotic eye drops. Eye infections are extremely rare but can happen, so always wash your hands when treating your eyes and apply a very tiny amount of aftercare ointment (size of a grain of rice).
Long Term Care
The lash eyeliner can last up to 3 years, depending on many factors.
We recommend clients to come back every 1-2 years for a refresh to maintain the colour.
To reschedule, please contact us 48 hours prior to your appointment to avoid losing your deposit or complimentary retouch session. A surcharge of $150 will be required to be paid upfront to rebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are eyeliner tattoos?
Tired of trying to perfect your eyeliner? Eyeliner tattoos are your answer to rocking a precise, expertly-lined eye every single day.
Tattoo eyeliner is a cosmetic tattooing technique that involves adding colour to the eyeliner area to create a more defined appearance. The pigment is applied to the top layers of skin using a super fine needle to replicate how traditional eyeliner, applied with pencil or powder, looks.
Eyeliner tattoos can be completely customised to achieve your desired outcome and best complement your eye shape. Choose from a subtle look with lash line enhancement (also called invisible eyeliner), thin and natural-looking liner, to bold and thick lines, or even dramatic winged eyeliner.
Why choose Tanya Beauty Care?
The work of our highly-skilled cosmetic artists has been awarded 300+ 5-star Google reviews and we can confidently say each of our clients receives the highest quality customer care.
We are obsessed with achieving stunning results and eyeliner perfection for our clients. Our eyeliner artists take the time to personalise each treatment using a blend of pigments tailored to your skin tone, to give you a natural or bolder look.
After discussing your preferences, they pre-draw the eyeliner design so you can feel comfortable with the look before the tattooing process begins.
Our clients come from all over Sydney, interstate and even internationally to have their tattoo eyeliner procedure with Tanya Beauty Care.