At Tanya Beauty Care, we understand the importance of a full head of healthy hair to improve your appearance and boost your confidence. If you struggle with hair loss, have thin hair, or have a receding hairline/part, our scalp artists can help you achieve your desired fuller look.
Using hairline micro-feather strokes and/or scalp micro-pigmentation, we can transform your thinning hair for a natural look without the need for wigs or hair replacement treatments.
These semi-permanent techniques can fill in bald spots and thinning or add volume for immediate results. We have helped both men and women see stunning transformations lasting from 6 months to 6 years, depending on individual skin types, health conditions, and daily activities.
Hairline Micro-Feather Strokes
Hairline micro-feather strokes can be applied to fill in your hair part, temples, or full hairline. Our artists easily mimic your natural hair strands for a natural look using hair-like strokes. Before we begin, we discuss your needs and develop a treatment plan that would be most suited to your hairstyle.
About Hairline Miro-Feather Strokes
How it Works
Hairline microfeather strokes can be applied to fill in your hair part, temples, or full hairline. Our scalp specialist Anne will discuss your needs and develop a treatment plan that would be most suited to your hairstyle.
We custom blend colours to match your skin and hair tone, so the outcome is a natural result that is difficult to detect; a small handheld tool is used to draw fine strokes to mimic your natural hair.
You can return to your normal activities following your treatment with no downtime required. However, you have to keep your scalp completely dry for two days to achieve the best colour retention. The results can last up to 2 years, and we recommend touch-ups every 12 months to maintain your new look.
Pre-Appointment Restrictions & Preparation
- Please wash your hair the night before or the day of the procedure.
- Please do not work out on the day of the procedure as body heat expands the pores.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn for three days before the procedure. The skin should not be in the healing process before the procedure!
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- Do NOT take Fish oil, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Ibuprofen, and/or omega-3, unless medically necessary, for 48-72 hours before the procedure (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!).
- Do NOT drink alcohol for 24 hours before or after the procedure.
- Do not have any type of facial procedure for two weeks before the procedure.
- Do not have Botox or dermal filler 2-4 weeks before the procedure (around the treatment area)
- DO NOT shampoo for at least 2 days post procedure. Wash with a very gentle shampoo and avoid exfoliating shampoos for 4-6 weeks.
- Clients can immediately return to their normal activities. There is no required downtime; however, we recommend keeping your scalp completely dry for two days for the best colour retention results.
- Exercise, saunas, and dry saunas should be performed one week after the treatment. However, swimming is recommended after four weeks.
- Hair dye and perms should be performed 2 to 3 weeks before the procedure or four weeks after the treatment.
- The treatment area may be itchy during the breakout period and should not be scratched.
What to Expect
Day 1. Hairline will look textured, slightly more dramatic in appearance than normal, tender, slightly swollen and may
eve experience some slight bleeding.
Day 2. Hairline will be dark and bold. Colour will be reddish and still quite tender.
Day 3-4. The pain and tenderness will start to subside and still look dark/bold.
Day 5. The scalp is getting itchy and a thick layer of scabbing may form and the fine hair-strokes that were created may be hidden. (do not to pick the scabs).
Day 5-7. This is the scary time period when the serious scabbing will start and begin to peel away from the skin.
Day 7-10. The scabs will likely be flaking off on their own by this point and the hairline will seem way too light or even grey and missing in spots.
Day 14-28. Healing almost complete. The colour and definition of the hair-strokes will return at this point. The
colour is beginning to even out and look more natural and brow-like.
Week 6-12. Client will return for a retouch appointment to fill any gaps/darken the colour etc.
- Use a fresh pillowcase when you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for four weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first ten days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first ten days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first ten days.
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
- Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Also, keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body.
- A touch-up procedure is recommended 6-12 weeks after the initial treatment.
Long Term Care
Results can last up to 24 months (depending on retention, how frequently you wash your hair and chemicals in hair products). Therefore, refreshes are recommended every 12-24 months.
To reschedule, please contact us 48 hours prior to your appointment to avoid losing your deposit or complimentary retouch session. A surcharge of $150 will be required to be paid upfront to rebook within 3 months.