Scar & Stretch Mark Camouflage Tattoo
Scar and stretch mark camouflage tattoo, also known as Paramedical tattooing, is a specialised form of tattooing aimed at concealing or blending in scars and stretch marks on the skin. Our skilled tattoo artists specialise in expertly concealing a wide variety of scars such as surgery scars, stretch marks, injury scars, burns, transition scars, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation and self-harm scars with precision and care.
Up until now, options for the recovery, treatment, and healing of stretch marks/scars have been limited. Some scars, unresponsive to laser treatments, can, however, be improved with inkless or camouflage tattoo.
At Tanya Beauty Care, we offer two camouflage treatments tailored to address your unique needs. Our artist will assess the area and discuss the best option for you during the consultation and an individual skin plan will be designed specific to your needs.
Types of Camouflage Treatments
A specialised serum, containing NO pigments is used for the first (or several first) treatments to soften and smooth out the texture and improve the colour of the scar. The serum contains healing and skin rejuvenation properties which will help the body produce natural collagen and revive skin elasticity. As a result, the skin begins to undergo a process of self-correction, leading to an improved overall appearance of the scar. The Inkless Method is particularly effective for deep or textured scars and stretch marks that require smoothing.
This treatment utilises micropigmentation techniques and works by blending pigments that closely match the client's skin tone into the affected areas, creating the illusion of smoother and more even skin. Our artist will closely assess your natural skin tone and undertone to determine the best colour match for you.
Book now for a free face to face consultation so our artist can see and feel the texture of the scar/stretch mark and give you an accurate quote and treatment plan.
Alternatively, please reach out to us via email with clear photos (no shadows, no filters) for an approximate price quote.
About Our Scar & Stretch Mark Treatments
How it Works
Here's how the process typically works (appointment takes around 30 mins-2 hours, depending on the treatment area and size):
- Consultation: Our specialist will assess the area, discuss expectations and come up with an individualised treatment plan. If required, the appropriate colour match will also be discussed.
- Treatment: Using specialised techniques, pigments/inkless serum is applied to the area, carefully blending to match the surrounding skin.
- Touch up/s will be scheduled at 6-12 weeks – the amount of sessions varies per case (typically 2-3 sessions).
Healing time is approximately 3-6 weeks for most cases, however it can take up to 10 weeks or more for darker skin tones. As everyone’s skin is unique, factors such as age, diet, hormones, overall health, sun exposure etc may impact the healing time.
Initial results are typically quite subtle; however results will continue to improve with your additional sessions. Once sessions and healing are complete, the scars/stretch marks are much less noticeable!
Am I a good candidate?
These treatments are great for clients who are suffering from stretch marks, scars from surgeries, self-harm scars, burns, transition scars, hyper pigmentation, hypo pigmentation, acne scarring etc.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Brand new scars or stretch marks (we recommend your scar/stretch marks to be at least 1 year old)
- Chemotherapy (please check with your doctor)
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have before disqualifying yourself. Allow us the opportunity to address your enquiries and provide personalised recommendations!
- Avoid blood thinners, fish oil, aspirin and Ibuprofen, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Panadol or paracetamol is okay)
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before and after the procedure.
- Avoid heavy sunlight, tanning and especially sunburn 3 days before the procedure. Skin should not be in the process of healing before the procedure.
- No pre numbing on the area before arrival.
- Please remove any fake tan on the area prior to the treatment.
- Wash the area with antiseptic soap before the procedure.
Immediately post procedure
There is little to no downtime with this treatment – most clients will be able to resume work and regular activities the same day. You will be instructed on aftercare /how to take care of the area for the best result.
You may experience some redness immediately post procedure – this is a good sign that the treatment has worked well. Any redness, itchiness and minor swelling will usually subside within two weeks.
After The Procedure
Aftercare Days 1-7
For the best results and infection prevention, please take your time to read and follow this aftercare.
- Keep the treatment area dry (unless advised otherwise)
- Apply the aftercare cream morning, night and as needed
- Protect the treated area by always wearing clean, loose clothing
- Make sure to have clean bed sheets
- You can now wash the area with antiseptic soap and pat dry
- Continue protecting the area and keeping it clean
- Continue applying the aftercare cream 2-3x times per day
- Never scratch the area. If itchy, please apply more aftercare cream. Avoid picking any protective scabs that stay on during the healing process – scabs should flake off on their own.
- Avoid baths, swimming pools, beaches, spas and saunas for up to 3 weeks post treatment.
- Please try to limit excessive sweating, excessive heat, suffocation and friction on the treated skin. We recommend you to avoid exercise for 3-7 days post procedure if possible.
- Avoid tight clothing on the area during healing.
- Tanning (direct sun and sun tanning beds) & fake tanning are strictly forbidden for 6 weeks post procedure in order to prevent hyper-pigmentation.
- After 10 days, if the treatment area will be under sun exposure, we recommend you to regularly wear SPF for better protection.
- The treated area may be red for a couple of weeks, followed by slight itching as the skin heals. After which, the area will turn dark; this is normal and part of the healing process. You will see the actual result after 4-8 weeks, depending on how fast you heal.
- Follow up appointments for 6-12 weeks will be scheduled so we can monitor your progress and touch up accordingly.
- Please contact us directly with any concern or questions along the way so we can best support you. In the case of emergency, please seek medical advice and be sure to let your camouflage artist know.
Long Term Care
With camouflage techniques, results may last up to 5 years, depending individual skin types, lifestyle and adherence to post care instructions. Additionally, it's important to note that as we age, all tattoos undergo transitions and changes on our skin. The natural aging process reduces skin elasticity and melanin production, which can impact the appearance of tattoos.
You may need a refresh at approximately 2-3 years to maintain results and keep the full camouflaging effect.
The deposit is non-refundable. To reschedule, please contact us 48 hours prior to your appointment to avoid losing your deposit or complimentary retouch session. A surcharge of $150 will be required to be paid upfront to rebook.